We’re excited to announce that with the conclusion of the Read-a-thon, the students have done an AMAZING job and totaled 287,627 minutes read, meaning the school has smashed the overall goal of 200,000 minutes read! Our students are incredible!
And while the Read-a-thon for 2022 may be officially over, we hope you continue to encourage your kid(s) to dive into a book and discover the joys of reading.
We now hope you will take time to donate to the Read-a-thon in honor of the students for all their hard work, and share the donate link with any family or friends who would be willing to contribute to the Read-a-thon fundraising effort.
We are excited to launch our 9th annual Read-a-thon event! It is our largest fundraising event and it gets the children excited to read!
In Read-a-thon, a child reads for a month to raise funds for the Takoma Park Elementary School PTA. Read-a-thon runs March 4 – March 31, 2022. Please encourage your child to read today!
On this page, you will be able to find more information about our Read-a-thon event.
- Parent Letter (English) | Parent Letter (Spanish): find more information about the Read-a-thon.
- Reading Calendar Log (English) | Reading Calendar Log (Spanish): a back physical log to keep track of the number of minutes your child reads. NOTE: All minutes should be recorded on this log located in order to count toward the Read-a-thon. We highly recommend keeping this log in your student’s take-home folder throughout the duration of the Read-a-thon.
- Sponsor Sheet (English) | Sponsor Sheet (Spanish): keep track of sponsors’ names and the pledge amount.
- Make a check payable to TPES PTA and put in the take-home folder or mail to TPES PTA at
7511 Holly Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912
- Put cash in an envelope addressed to TPES PTA in the take-home folder
- Pay online at (the deadline to donate is April 22)
We hope that you enjoy Read-a-thon as much as we enjoy presenting the Read-a-thon. Your participation is crucial to the success of Read-a-thon. Happy reading!
The PTA Read-a-thon Committee Co-Chairs