Dear TPES Parents and Guardians,
On behalf of the Takoma Park Elementary School Parent Teachers Association (TPES PTA), we’d like to welcome new and returning students and their families as we gear up for the 2016-2017 school year. As you may know, your PTA supports and enriches your children’s education with critical extracurricular activities. The PTA also provides opportunities for our vibrant, diverse community to come together and make lasting connections through social and fundraising events.
Last year, through financial and volunteer support, the PTA was able to provide:
After school clubs and classes, such as foreign language (Chinese, French and Spanish), Nature Lab, Audubon Science, Storybook Theatre, Yoga, Art, and Lego
- Scholastic Book Fair
- Cultural arts assemblies
- Field trips supplementary funding
- Back to school picnic
- Parents & Staff Basketball Night
- Teacher appreciation events and gifts
- Winter Social
- TPES School Directory
- Monthly ESOL Books and Breakfast assistance
- Room Parents, recruiting and support
- Lunch and Recess volunteer support
- School supply kits for parent convenience
- Classroom supplies for every teacher
- School and sports equipment and supplies
- Art show
- Science Inquiry Night
- Hundreds of non-fiction titles in the library
- Building and furnishing the outdoor classroom
- Move More Sit Less! Campaign bringing physical activity into the classroom (and getting kids out of the classroom more often)
Together, we make a difference!
- Join the PTA: Please join or renew your PTA membership for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Donate your time: There are many opportunities to volunteer your talents and energy— during school hours or at night—for large, ongoing jobs or one-time activities. If you are interested in volunteering, contact one of the PTA Executive Committee members listed below.
- Join the listserv and follow Facebook: Click here to join our listserv (managed yahoo group; address is: TPESfirstname.lastname@example.org). Make connections, get informed, and stay informed.
We hope to see many of you at one of the many events on tap for the year (check the PTA calendar for details) and at the first PTA meeting, Tuesday, September 6, at 6:45pm. As always, free pizza and childcare!
TPES PTA Executive Committee, 2016-2017