Welcome! We are excited to launch our 10th annual Read-a-thon event! It is the PTA’s largest fundraising event and it gets the children excited to read!
In Read-a-thon, a child reads for a month to raise funds for the Takoma Park Elementary School PTA. Read-a-thon runs February 27 – March 24, 2023. Please encourage your child to read today!
On this page, you will be able to find more information about our Read-a-thon event.
- Parent Letter (English) | Parent Letter (Spanish) | Parent Letter (Amharic): Find more information about the Read-a-thon.
- Reading Calendar Log (English): A physical log to keep track of the number of minutes your child reads. NOTE: All minutes should be recorded on these weekly logs in order to count toward the Read-a-thon. We highly recommend keeping these logs (and extra copies) in your student’s take-home folder throughout the duration of the Read-a-thon.
- Sponsor Sheet (English) | Sponsor Sheet (Spanish) | Sponsor Sheet (Amharic): Keep track of sponsors’ names and the pledge amount.
TO DONATE: You may…
- Make a check payable to TPES PTA and put in the take-home folder or mail to TPES PTA at
7511 Holly Avenue, Takoma Park, MD 20912
- Put cash in an envelope addressed to TPES PTA in the take-home folder
- Pay online (the deadline to donate is April 17)
We hope that you enjoy Read-a-thon as much as we enjoy presenting the Read-a-thon. Your participation is crucial to the success of Read-a-thon. Happy reading!
The PTA Read-a-thon Committee Co-Chairs