Still Time to TRIPLE YOUR IMPACT to Our Dolphin Drive: 3:1 Match
As the final four days of the Dolphin Drive approach, I want to let you all know that it’s not too late to contribute if you haven’t already. There’s still time to take advantage of the 3-1 Thanksgiving Match program as well!
Our PTA provides a wide range of tools, resources and support for the school and the community with the funds that we raise. A few of the things we supported last year for social emotional development include:
- Funded and organized two multicultural assemblies (in honor of Asian American & Pacific Islander Heritage Month and Black History Month)
- Provided funding for field trips for all grades, such as to Glen Echo Playhouse Theatre and Clark’s Elioak Farms, so ALL students could participate
- Supported second grade promotion celebration efforts, including promotion t-shirts for second graders
- Provided outdoor lunch for many months of the school year
- Supported Fall Festival and pumpkin patch
- Organized after-school enrichment program three days per week through Little Scholars; provided $7,500 in scholarships for students to attend Little Scholars programming
- Supported guidance counseling classes with purchase of Zones of Regulations curriculum and materials
That’s only a few of the wonderful things that we’ve been able to accomplish with the money raised during our annual Dolphin Drive. And thanks to your generous support we’ll be able to provide even more resources for our students and school.
Thanks so much to everyone who has contributed and supported this year’s Dolphin Drive. And if you haven’t yet had a chance to contribute, there’s still time!
You can send cash or a check to school in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and teacher’s name.
Or you can donate online at: https://tpespta.net/donations/fall-2023-dolphin-drive/
Small Things Matter Coat Drive Continues
Families are invited to a second distribution event of coats and winter gear on Tuesday, December 5 from 4:30-6 PM behind the TPSS Coop.
Literacy Night – SAVE THE DATE – December 21st
TPES Literacy Night is approaching! More details to come but expect rooms throughout the building to be set up with different literacy games and activities that you can then practice at home!
Health Room Needs Change of Clothing Donations
The Health Room needs boys, girls and non-binary clothing sizes 4-10, specifically, underwear (new only), pants and shirts. As a PK-2 school, we have several accidents throughout the week where children need a change of clothes. This is also a reminder to make sure your child has a change of seasonal-appropriate clothing kept in the classroom (top, pants, underwear, and socks).
Upcoming TPES Events
December 21 – Literacy Night
Upcoming Community Events
December 2, 12-4pm – Alternative Gift Fair outside of TP Farmer’s Market
December 3, 8-11am – Pajamarama
December 16, 1-4pm – Takoma Cocoa Crawl