February is Black History Month! The Black History Night event will take place on Thursday February 29 from 7 to 8:00 PM at PBES, cosponsored by the TPES and PBES PTAs. Expect live interactive performances, refreshments, and engaging art activities. Students and their families/caregivers are welcome! More details to be provided in the coming weeks.
5. Valentine’s Day This Wednesday @ TPES
If you’d like to order a year book for your child, please use this link. Yearbooks cost $22 and will be distributed at the end of the school year.
7. Gifted and Talented Screening and Parent Input Form for Second Graders
Second Grade Families: Remember to fill out the Parent Input Form for the gifted and talented screening process by Thursday, February 29!
- Instructions in English: https://bit.ly/49p76Fe
- Instrucciones en español: https://bit.ly/48dEcar
- መመሪያዎች በአማርኛ: Amharic: https://bit.ly/3urQkwt
8. Updated Lice Protocol from the Office of the School System Medical Officer
If the student is identified with a lice infestation, the student’s parent/guardian will be notified and what treatment is needed. The health staff will review information contained in the Lice Treatment Letter (L-8) with the family.
- Students may remain in school until the end of the day the infestation is identified.
- They must be treated before returning to school.
- Upon Return to School: The student should report to the health room accompanied by the parent/guardian. Health room staff will evaluate the student’s scalp and confirm with the family treatment has been initiated.
- Follow-up – Seven to ten days after the initial treatment of a lice infestation, health room staff will send the Lice Retreat/Reinspection Letter (L-9) to parents/guardians advising the parents to re-inspect their child and retreat if necessary, according to the pediculicide treatment instructions