Takoma Park Elementary School PTA
Meeting Minutes, October 3, 2017
Secretary: Allyson Piazza
Attendance: 38 members, 16 non-members
Welcome and updates: PTA President Lia Goldstein
- Walk to School Day tomorrow 10/4
- Safe Routes to School closed the wooden stairway from the Community Center for one week for safety reasons.
- Thursday 10/5 is Kindergarten Literacy Night 7-8:15pm and the Book Fair is 3:50-8:15pm. If you can’t come to the book fair, you can shop online with free shipping to your classroom.
- Monday 10/9 is Open House
- November PTA meeting might be a joint meeting with PBES PTA; December PTA meeting will be International Night
Fundraising update: Ingrid Carter, VP Fundraising
- Dolphin Drive will begin mid-October; this is a donation drive to fund all of the important services the PTA plans to provide this year.
Treasurer’s report: Erin Kelley, Treasurer
- *provided treasurer’s report showing Account activity 7/1/17-9/30/17
- Membership unanimously approved a budget amendment to increase the “Cafeteria Support” from $100 to $150 to cover the cost of the lunch order tablet.
Health and Wellness Committee: Marissa Walker, Chair
Introduced Rus and Ray from Chef’s Table Farm. They provide the weekly farm stand at TPES. They presented the PTA a donation check representing 2% of sales from the spring farm stand. November 2 is the last day of the weekly farm stand until spring. They will be accepting pre-orders for Thanksgiving (free-range turkeys) that will be delivered to the school on 11/20.
Before/after school enrichment: Annelies Echols
Volunteer opportunities: Sarah Corcoran, Volunteer Coordinator
Upcoming volunteer needs: (1)Friday 10/6 paint the sensory room 10-12. (2)Junior Great Books: volunteers needed for small group enrichment. Parents, grandparents welcome. (3) Readathon needs committee members.
Presentation by Dr. Gadsden: Learning Differences
Download Learning Differences Handout
Watch Video of Learning Differences Presentation